I haven’t said anything about what happened in Orlando because I wasn’t exactly sure what kind of words I wanted to use. And then, a friend linked me to this incredibly callous and homophobic Odyssey article, and I kind of figured out something.
I have officially finished writing for the Odyssey, but there are two finally articles I figured I should probably share. As far as I know, my writer page there is going to continue to stay live.
I’m still waiting on this week’s article to be published, but until then, here’s what’s come out during the past month:
I meant to post this last Friday, since there are new articles out now. My bad.
Here are the ones from this week:
- “11 Books You Need to Read This Summer”: What else would you be doing at the beach? Swimming?
- “11 Songs About Superheroes”: Because we can’t all fly like Superman, but we all want to feel like we can.
Again, since it’s easier to provide links in a bulk post rather than making individual ones, here’s what you might have missed from the last couple of weeks.
- “Graduation and Things Ending in Spring”: I’m graduating soon and got a little introspective about everything. I’m trying to remind myself that it’s time to leave.
- “Beverly Cleary Turns 100 and I Still Love Ramona Quimby”: We’ve still got one of our favorite children’s authors, so maybe 2016 isn’t all bad.
- “The ABC’s of Keeping a Journal”: They don’t have to have tiny locks on them, but that never hurts.
- “9 Ways to De-Clutter Your Life”: Do you really need to keep ticket stubs from five years ago?
Last note: depending on whether or not your browser has been updated with the new site, you can now follow specific writers on the Odyssey website. So, if you like the articles I’ve been writing, you can follow me and keep track of everything I’m posting regardless of whether or not I’ve linked to it here.
I’ve been a little remiss in sharing links to my articles here as well as on Facebook and Twitter. Here’s what you might have missed:
- “Why We Should Never Trust Magazine Covers”: Kerry Washington calls out a bad photoshop job with grace, but we should all be weary of magazine covers.
- “The Mountain Goats at the Columbus Theater: ‘Just Stay Alive'”: A review of last Sunday’s concert in Providence, RI.
And from last week:
- “Ongoing Fights Over Device Security”: The FBI may have dropped the case, but are there still concerns about Apple’s perceived non-cooperation?
- “Focus on Acceptance, Not Awareness”: Autism self-advocacy groups have been at odds with Autism Speaks, and we need to listen to them.
- “Hamilton Casting Has People Up in Arms”: …But I’m pretty sure Hollywood and Broadway have been asking for “Caucasians Only” for years.
- “Growing Up in Chatrooms”: What does it man if you have nostalgia over AIM?
- “11 Songs for Werewolf Prom”: You’ll be howling for these tunes.
Keep an eye out for next week–there’s going to be some journals, books, and cleaning tips.
I wrote a three-parter this week on my friend’s recent DnD campaign, which is following “The Curse of Strahd.” If you have any qualms about spoilers, don’t click through.
If you do want to read them, however, links can be found below:
If you like them, share them with your friends on Facebook.
“Batman V Superman” gave me the firm reminder that I can’t expect DC and Warner Brothers to ever put out a Superboy movie–even though he’s just as much a 90’s kid as the majority of their audience. I wrote about my gripe with it at The Odyssey.
If you’re frustrated too, share it around on Facebook.