Briefly, after a month of near-radio silence.
- The majority of the fandom survey responses are similar to the initial response. No real surprise–an in depth look will be posted once I’m not working two jobs. Thanks to everyone who took the survey (even if I have doubts about responses to the questions about hate mail. More on that later).
- I’m working two jobs for the first time and…it’s kind of hard, but worth it, even with the frequent 12-hour work days. I missed mock trial, and I’ve started being trained in cafe, which is really exciting. I was nervous for both. But working all the time doesn’t leave as much time for me to be sad. (There’s a Parks & Rec quote about that, I think.) As hard as it’s been, I’ll be bummed when it’s over in a month.
- I still don’t feel right in my own skin and I might never feel like it’s meant to be my body.
- I learned tonight that my copy of Quadrophenia is fairly warped. I love that album. The Who was the first band I felt a personal understanding between the music and me.
- I haven’t read half as much as I planned this summer, but I’m almost through “Stranger in a Strange Land.” I love it.